Resor hit och dit

20 Jan 2014

My everyday in the sunshine!

Would I like to live where the sun always shines? Will I not get tired if there are only two seasons?
The answer is that I can never get tired of the sun. 

I always wanted to try to live like so many Americans do... In a mobile home! 
So now I do
I have my routines here just like in Sweden. Every morning in Sweden, the first thing I do is to watch outside the window to find how wrong the weather man has been yesterday. And yes, they are usually wrong. 

Here, where the sun shines every day, the thing I check first is if the water is still frozen after another cold desert night. Sometimes it is and sometimes, the sunlight of the day has chased away the cold of the night. it's more linked to my wakening up time than to the sun

My routines consist of coffee with milk; two big cups. I chat with my oldest daughter for about 15 minutes and check emails and FB. Need to see what my cyber friends do .. Hahaha! 
I usually go for a ride. Into Deming for some grocery shopping or to Mexico, Las Cruces, El Paso or I don't do a damn thing until 4:00 PM. 

That's when I take Jake for a walk in the desert, where he can run around free as the wind. Jake is the wonderful dog, a German Sheppard, that I borrow for my walks and we pass by Jack, the horse who needs to be fed and get water. Horses are not my thing but he needs to be fed so why not help out with that. 

Jake was found in the street of Denver and was picked up at a shelter. He is very well trained and it's a pleisure to be around him. He is probably around three years old because he plays and jumps all the time. I wonder why he was walking the streets all by himself. That's an untold story!

At 5:00 PM, the sun starts to go down very fast and the cold desert night arrives and at 5:30 PM it is both cold and dark and time to fix dinner and watch some TV. Before I got here I never played any online games besides Wordfeud but now I do. It makes pass the time and keeps my ADHD jumping around. 

While I'm figuring out where I belong, if I will ever find it out, I am enjoying my slow passing everyday in the sunshine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej Lena, kul att få en länk till ditt nuvarande läge. Många bilder att titta på, jag är lite svag för deras gravar med blommor och pynt i glatt överflöd.
Men nyfiken som jag är måste jag fråga hur i hela friden du hamnade där? Vad gör du, inte bor du väl helt själv där i vagnen?
Här hemma har snön kommit och snart gått, just nu mest skitigt ute men lite har ungarna hunnit åka pulka.
Kram Maggan Å

lenapena said...

Hej Maggan!
Kyrkogården var faktiskt deprimerande för mitt i all rosa och turkos så var ca 50% av gravarna bara stenrösen med ett träkors utan namn på. En del hade inte ens ett kors.. Men det var första gången jag varit på en mexikansk kyrkogård så de kanske alla ser ut så- Olika kulturer lär mig mycket.
Jag är en White Trash mitt ibland andra White Trash här så ensamt behöver det inte bli. Jag trivs med det.
kram tillbaka till er i vinterSverige

Anonymous said...

Hej tjejen

Hoppas allt är väl med dig <3

Anonymous said...

Hmmm man kan inte få in sitt namn som avsändare
kram Tessan

lenapena said...

Allt bara bra här men jävligt kallt idag ! :-(